Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2019

THIS IS IT. THE FINAL STRETCH - Chapter 21 - 22


What is it that primarily attracts Fi to Homer?
The main thing that Fi finds attractive in Homer is how he acts around her. With the group he's usually confidence and can take lead. If we compare this with the way he acts with Fi, you can see that he'll usually let his guard down and be himself around her.

What are Fi’s intentions regarding Homer?
Well, she wants to marry him and help him on what will eventually be their farm. That's sort of all we're told.

Why does this surprise Ellie?

Ellie finds this surprising because Fi and Homer are two completely different people. Fi is desribed throughout the book as being timid, delicate, and sort of proper while Homer is much more rough, bit of dumbass, and he's much more outdoors. Ellie states in a very long paragraph how it's the way she perceived both Fi and Homer is why she didn't think they would get together.
 
How do Ellie and Fi feel as they are leaving the scene on their motorbikes? Are these realistic feelings?

Fi is described as feeling elated and they what they do on the way back can imply that so was Ellie. I think these feelings are pretty realistic because if you just managed to blow up a bridge which could potentially contribute to saving the world, just escaped death, and then go to ride motorcycles, you'd probably be extremely elated.

Why do you think the group decided to blow up the bridge?
The bridge seems to be the main entry way for the army to import and export things such as convoys. By blowing it up it will put the invaders at a huge disadvantage as they won't be able to transport those things anymore. Or at least, not as easily.


      What do Ellie and the others see in Ellie’s shed when they ride up her driveway?
      The scene that Ellie see's in her shed is described as "The tableau in our shed was lit by a dim torch, its batteries starting to weaken." Along with this the rest of the group are couched around Corrie who was lying in Keven's lap.

        What does Ellie compare this scene with? Why do you think she does this?
        Ellie compares this to a popular Christian and Catholic scene known as the nativity scene. This scene depicts the birth of Jesus Christ.

          What does Homer suggest the group does?
          Homer suggests that they take Corrie to hospital. Unfortunately this means they have to drive her into town, pull a ding-dong-ditch, and leave Corrie in the car for the hospital staff to find. 

            What does Kevin decide to do? What does this reveal about him?
            Kevin decides to be the one to drive Corrie to hospital and take her in himself. Essentially he is sacrificing himself so that Corrie can get the medical attention she needs. This shows that his character loves Corrie and is willing to do anything so that she can live, even if it means putting himself in danger.



            That's it. I've finished the book. Am I planning on reading the second one? Yee. I placed a hold on it at the public library so hopefully I'll get it soon. I really enjoyed this book and thought it was a good read.

            3 comments:

            1. Hey Molly,
              I'm so glad you enjoyed the book! Your responses were thoughtful and well articulated. I like how your personal voice comes through in your writing, particularly the little humourous touches. Let me know how the second book is, as I haven't read it. I hope you enjoy the next book (I haven't read that one either!) Keep me updated with how you're going. Also, have you checked out the new Netflix series for TWTWB? Again, let me know if you do. I'm adding it to my 'to watch' list. Well done staying motivated and self-disciplined through this unit. Always let me know if you would like any support!
              Ka rawe :)
              Miss J

              ReplyDelete
              Replies
              1. Hi Miss Johnson!

                I'm glad you enjoyed reading y blog and my humorous touches. I've put a hold on the next book at the public library so I'm just waiting for it to become available. I've watched the T.V show and as an adaptation it's not good at all but, as a separate story, it's pretty enjoyable. I read Unwind last year and found it very good but I'll have to re-read it to refresh myself.

                I hope you enjoy the show!
                Thanks, Molly

                Delete
            2. P.S. By 'the next book' I mean Unwind. I wasn't very clear! :)

              ReplyDelete

            Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.