Pages

Monday 25 March 2019

English Creative writing review

For the past two weeks in English we've been working through a task matrix that teaches us about things such as how to create a character, how to write the setting, etc.

What have I learned and how will this help me with future writing? 
I learnt quite a bit with the main things being setting and probably show don't tell. I have a tendency to switch between being really descriptive and then describing nothing so hopefully this will help me with evening the two out and finding some sort of middle ground.

Activities I enjoyed the most
I really enjoyed the setting activities and the character ones as well. I personally think describing things is one of my strong suits and I just really like creating characters. I also think that those activities came out the best and I'll probably and go back and do the extensions by my self at home.

My preferred style of learning
 I like working by myself where I can just listen to my tunes. I also like doing creative tasks (eg: writing, drawing, creating presentations, etc) mainly because that's how I remember things, by putting the skills I learnt to good use. I do have a tendency to put a lot of effort into one task and then very little into another/put too much effort into a task and then have a mini melt down before realizing that I don't need to do that much work and I'm just being extra.
Blog posts for the activities in this matrix:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.