Pages

Friday 15 March 2019

Art is hard

In art we just finished creating art inspired by Micheal Mew who is famous for doing mixed medium collages. We had to create leading lines and a focal point using water colors and clippings from various magazines. If that wasn't hard enough we also had to include one of five birds (mohua, riroriro, tieke, korimako/koparapara, pipiwharaurao). Three of the birds will be the new representatives of our three new learning buildings. Below is my piece.



Look at this screaming boy. Just. Wow 11/10 bird right here.
This is the pipiwharauroa by the way
My focal point is the lady in the middle (I couldn't remember the original artist) and my leading lines include the wooden roof on the bottom, the dark wooden walls on the left, and the Chanel label on the right. I guess you could sort of include the green surrounding her as leading lines or possibly framing. The bird I chose was the pipiwharaurao, also known as shining cuckoo, and is considered to be the messenger of spring. I don't know if I like it entirely cause I feel like it's missing something. Other than that I'm proud of how it came out. The one problem I had was I glued the magazine clippings down and then I painted it. This made the glue lose it's adhesive around the edges so I had to go back and glue the edges down again. I also didn't really know what I was doing with the background, I just kinda winged it and hoped it came out well (which it did. I think).  Below are some examples of Micheal Mew's work:









3 comments:

  1. Hi Molly
    I personally loved your artwork - the use of leading lines and different shapes and colours was phenomenal. My favourite part was the bird, I think it was painted really well with lots of detail.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Molly

    Your work has turned out really well and you should be proud of this.

    Framing definitely creates leading lines. I like the use of the blue, which creates depth (do you remember me going on about warm and cool colours and atmospheric perspective? Please say yes!). I also like how well you integrated the 'classic' into the background with good strong mark making in paint, along with the feathers of the bird.

    Im not sure what it might be missing, if anything, sometimes we are highly critical of our own work if we have been staring at it for too long.

    Thank you for sharing your work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Clemence!
      Thank you for looking at my blog and yes I do remember your talk about warm and cool colors. I'm glad you like my art piece. Again Thank you for reading my blog.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.