Pages

Friday 22 February 2019

Creative writing reflection

For the past two weeks in English we've been exploring and learning about different types of creative writing.  We did this for preparation for our creative writing topic this term alongside reading Shakespeare's Macbeth. To start off we talked about what makes good creative writing and came up with things such as an interesting plot, plot continuity, three dimensional characters, writing that flows, variety of sentence lengths, etc. We then completed a matrix of five activities that involved writing haikus, reviewing slam poetry, writing our own sensory language piece, learning about types of language affects, and writing our own metaphors and similes.

What did I learn?
I learnt about types of language affects (in particular allusion and anaphora) and how to use them in my writing. I also learnt about sensory language (which I didn't know had  a name) and got to write my own. I struggled a bit about what to write and how to write it, make it sound nice, and make it actually make sense.

What I found in particular to be enjoyable
I really enjoyed the haiku activity and the sensory language. I enjoy describing things in writing and creating a picture in the readers mind so haikus and sensory language were really fun and interesting to do.

All the posts involved in this activity
Haikus + extras







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.