Pages

Thursday 28 February 2019

Preparation for Athletics

For the past month we've been getting ready for athletics day (which is next Thursday by the way). This year I decided to compete in the competitive group and I chose javelin, discus, long jump, triple jump, and the 100m sprint as my sports. 

What I have improved on since the year began
I personally think I've improved my javelin greatly. I've become much more consistent with my throwing and have actually been seeking tips from teachers and other students who are much better at javelin then me. I've also learnt how to make the javelin actually land with the tip first instead of the tail. I also think I'm throwing straighter then I was at the start of the year too. I just have to keep in mind that I need to throw upwards a little rather than just straight. I've also learnt how to do triple jump and even though I can't say for sure that I've improved I can say is that I've learnt how to do the jump properly which is good.

What I'm excited and not excited about
I'm really excited about discus, long jump, and javelin. I'm excited about discus mainly because I attempted to do competitive discus in year 6 and was shy of just a couple of centimeters which was kinda disappointing. I'm excited about long jump and javelin because I enjoy the two sports and I'm decent at long jump. However I'm not excited about the 100m sprint because I'm not great at sprints and I don't really enjoy running. Other than that I'm excited for athletics day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.