Pages

Friday 8 February 2019

What we've been doing in art

In at we've been focusing on how to make our drawings come alive with techniques such as shading, adding shadows, negative space, etc. All these skills will aid us in adding realism to our end of year project, creating our own propaganda, which will then be into a mini magazine/zine.
                                                  1/2/19
Our second lesson mainly focused on tones and adding shadows on to shapes. This allowed us to mainly focus on understanding how to add tone without any real pressure. I also used a small guide on how to add shadows which helped me quite a bit. One of the rules of the lesson was we weren't allowed to erase any of our drawings which was a little hard for me but I managed to resit the urge.

7/2/19
Our next lesson let us apply these skill on to one of those wooden human figures. We also watched a quick video about adding negative space. I'm not the greatest at adding shadows but I think I've gotten better now that I kinda know what I'm doing. I only managed to complete one drawing of our stick figure but luckily my mum had on at home so I did a quick drawing of that one as well. I struggle a little with shading in the smaller parts (eg: the connectors between limbs, edge of limbs, etc) but I think I've gotten a little better and a little more confident with it.





Structure
Structure is used to help with proportions and (hopefully) make your drawing all equal size by drawing light lines on where things should be. Usually you would do this when sketching out a drawing or when your just doing random sketches. It's a useful thing to know how to do.
What I'm going to work on in future
I'm probably going to focus on shadows and angles of light cause it's sorta hard to visualize that. It's also sorta hard knowing how long shadows are meant to be and where the gaps in the shadow (if there are any) and how long they should be. I'm also going to focus on proportions cause I'm not great at keeping everything one size. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.