Pages

Friday 15 February 2019

Sensory language and the grocery store

In English we’re learning about different forms of creative writing. We have six tasks to complete and one of them is to write a short sensory language piece. Sensory language is when you involve all 5 senses (hear, sight, taste, touch, smell) and use them to describe the same scene. Below is my piece:

The beeping of the registers fill the air as if it were the beating heart of the store.
Metal wire is pushed even harder against my skin as I lean against the bar of cart
and cruise down each aisle, careful not to crash into workers who appear at night and
restock shelves. Colourful products compete on the shelves, each trying to win my
affection, but I know their tricks and I ignore them. The gentle waft of bread becomes
fainter and fainter as the night goes on, soon to be replaced before the sun rises again.
I imagine the tastes of the various chocolates that line the shelves, each one with a
unique combo of ingredients. The longer I stare the more I allow temptation to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.