Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2019

Home Economics - Pad Thai

The goal of last weeks practical was to create a Pad Thai and Pad Thai sauce that had the sweet yet tangy flavor that Pad Thai is known for.

Team Aspect
I forgot to take a picture of ours so here is my
friend's (Meagan).
Our group worked pretty well as a team but one person was away. Because the recipe was designed for four people to be doing their own job (i.e preparing noodles, making sauce, etc), it caused a little bit of chaos as we were trying to keep up with the class while trying to create a quality meal. Luckily, we pulled through in the end and managed to create an extremely tasty Pad Thai that apparently has a "good fragrance" which I think is a good thing.

When it came to jobs, I was tasked with preparing the ingredients and garnishes. The problem was that preparing the peanuts was a task within itself as it took nearly half the lesson to prepare. Memory was tasked with two of the shorter jobs that turned out not to be that short, preparing the noodles and creating the sauce. Realistically we probably should've gotten Jordan to create the sauce and prepare the chicken as she finished first out of all of us. 




Review
Friend Reviews
I let two of my friends try our Pad Thai and apparently it was very good. She said it smelled extremely sweet but was also tangy. 

Personal Review
Personally I absolutely loved it. I really like Pad Thai and rice noodles are my favorite type of noodles. The sauce was delicious and as I said above, it was sweet but also tangy. If I made it at home, I would probably add some more veggies but otherwise I enjoyed it greatly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.