Pages

Wednesday 14 March 2018

Watch me struggle to write about my culture - Social Studies

At the moment in Social Studies we are studying our culture and our past. We made a mindmap about our culture.

It being highlighted means nothing I was just procrastinating.

In special events we have birthdays. My family doesn't do too much for birthdays as we save all presents for christmas or just get none at all. We might go out to the zoo or something but that's about it

I wasn't to sure what to put for clothes as there aren't too many traditional clothes my family wears. I out the tallit as that's the only thing I could think of. A tallit, for those who don't know, is a jewish pray shawl that I've only worn twice. Once at my bat mitzvah and again on cultral day in Social Studies.

Speaking of Bar Mitzvahs, traditions (like that smoooooth transition?). I put Bar/Bat Mitzvahs which is a jewish persons entrance to adulthood. I had mine last year. I also put Chanukah which is the 8 day jewish festival of light.

Foods was sorta easy. I out hamantash which is a triangle cookie with a fruit filling. You eat it at purim. I also put latkes which is a potato pancake that we eat at chanukah. I also put lemon cake/loaf cause my mum makes it and it's really good. She also makes pavlova and one time she put purple food coloring in and it was purple so that was cool. I really like my mum. This is dedicate to my mum. And then there's deviled eggs which are really nice and easy to make. My dad makes really good ones.

Yeah so that's stuff about culture. Ok.


1 comment:

  1. Great read! It was cool to hear about your Jewiah background and some of the traditions that your family has. I also love the way you write!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.