Pages

Thursday 15 March 2018

*in infomercial voice* Do YOU want to be more assertive? Well I have the stratergies for you!

In health we're learning how to be more assertive so here's stuff that I was told help you do that:


  1. Know your priorities - What is important to you and you won't negotiate about? Depending on the situation your priorities may vary. 
  2. Eye contact - Make sure you keep eye contact and if you find it difficult to do that then look at someones forehead or nose. 
  3. Body language - Posture is one of the main keys to being assertive. If you look and feel confident then you'll be confident.
  4. Voice - If your voice sounds confident and serious then people will know your being serious and are not up for negotiating. 
  5. "I" statments - Instead of saying "you blah blah blah" try "I blah blah blah". For example: "You never do the dishs" try "I feel like I never do the dishs" 
  6.   Small victorys - Becoming assertive can be a long process so even the small things help. You can practise when your arguing with someone at home or even just talking to yourself helps.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.