Pages

Monday 26 March 2018

One time the prime minister of NZ played the criminologist in the Rocky Horror Picture show

Yeah so that's a cool fact. In drama I'm playing the criminologist in the Time Warp. The criminologist is the guy who is narrating the story by the way.

I have learned that I don't really like performing in a role that isn't very funny. I do prefer roles where I can be overly dramatic or mess around with. Roles that I wouldn't mind playing is Draco Malfoy in A Very Potter Musical, Balaga or Bolkonsy from Natasha, Peirre and the great comet of 1812, Christine from Be More Chill.

A really weird musical is Something Rotten. It's a really good musical but it is about Shakespeare trying to steal this other guys play idea and so the other guy goes to a fortune teller and the fortune teller tells him that musicals, a play with song and dance, is the next best thing. So the other guy writes a musical about dancing eggs. it is really good and interesting but sorta weird.


I don't like cats though because I kinda feel like it's a bit overrated. Some of the songs I don't like but I do like some of the costuming and the dancers are amazing but the plotline doesn't interest me. Of course this is just my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Molly,
    This is a fantastic blog post! I think that you would make a great criminologist. You have the right amount of humour and seriousness. All of the musicals you have listed are very funny. I like how you included some of the plot in the musical. Something Rotten is so funny and I appreciate that you listed it. I like how you put your opinion on a musical you don't like. I appreciate the honesty in your post.
    - Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great for you to have your own opinions with the cats musical. And like Nadia has said you would be perfect for the criminologist.(Molly are you secretly a teacher?)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.