Pages

Thursday 3 September 2020

Art Update

 So this week I'm nearing the completion of my first panel! I haven't done much as I'm just focusing on the last few pieces for this panel. 

Although it doesn't seem like these two paintings will fit in with my theme, I promise it will all make sense. I'm going to include red thread on these two paintings and I know exactly how I'm going to do it and what it'll look like. Hopefully. The first painting is of the Memorial Ave. overpass bridge thing. I was originally going to put my bedroom painting on the first panel but I think I might put it on the second instead and put the bridge painting on panel 1. Because all my paintings fit on panel 1 perfectly, I had to make this painting the same size as the bedroom one. 

My second painting for panel 1 is quite large. It's just a little too big to fit in my folder so I have to wait until I get an actual board to start pining paintings up to bring it in. If I make the painting smaller then I'll have spaces that are too small to put anything but big enough you notice them. The spaces will just look a little odd. Anyway, the painting is of a forest and this will also have red thread. Hopefully, I'll finish it before the end of next week. 

I still have, zero clue on what to put on panel two so I'll do some brainstorming on what to put there. I know I have to have two different forms of mediums on my board. I'm thinking of combining photography and printing but I'm not sure yet. I'll probably include a painting that relates to the forest and overpass one so my board flows from one panel to another. At this point, I'm not sure I'm even going to include my bedroom one which would suck however, I'm not sure yet. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Molly,
    I have done a wee look through your previous art posts to try and piece together what you are talking about here. I really liked your previous paintings of skeletons (foot and hand) and I can see that you are thinking about tying together the idea of decay/destruction - Linking buildings to body parts. Your painting work is very well done. I like the tone and composition of the work.
    I am really interested in this 'bedroom painting' you keep mentioning. Is there a link to this somewhere? Or is it in a blog post?
    I wonder if there is some kind of bigger picture message you could hint to in your second panel? The message could be somber - for example everything matter turns to dust in the end... or could be enlightening for example, through decay new life is born (think trees, grass, overgrown etc.). There are some really cool photos of places in the world that have been abandoned by humans and how nature has taken over these places.Here is a link for you to reference. .
    Food for thought anyway. I look forward to seeing what your end composition looks like.
    - Miss Morgan
    Uru Mānuka Cluster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Morgan, sorry for the late reply! You are correct, I haven't posted a photo of my bedroom painting even though I thought I did. I will make sure there is a picture of it in my next blog post. I have been thinking about having my panel 2 board follow something to do with rebirth and nature but I'm still not sure yet. The reference photos you linked were interesting to look at and I will have to think about doing something similar to it.
      Thanks, Molly

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.