Pages

Sunday 16 August 2020

Art Weekly Update

 Mrs. Clemence was told me today that my word count on my blog this month isn't anywhere near the word count I had this month last year and she wants me to post more so here I am. Posting more. 

This week in art I ditched the painting I was working because I didn't like it. I'm not vibing with the colors of the walls so I can either paint over them or trace the drawing onto another piece of card and completely restart. But for now, I've put the painting on the back burner and start a different painting 

                                

So last week I completed a different painting of a skull and have started a second painting with a similar concept/subject matter just it's a skull foot. Miss Keene brought up the idea of having threads hanging out sorta? If that makes sense? Anyway, I like the idea quite a bit but I'm not sure if I'll do it for the skeleton paintings or for my main building/room paintings or both. I don't know but I was thinking about including stuff like sewing in my paintings but I haven't figured out how to do it yet and she definitely gave me some ideas. It just depends whether I'm actually gonna confront the fact that I need to think about this or if I'm just going to continue running from my responsibilities like me ignoring it is a metaphor for me running away from real-world problems. None of that made sense but it did in my head. 

                                                 

                               

ALSO, I'm locking down on what my theme is. I don't wanna tell anyone cause I'm scared that people will think it's dumb cause I need validation from others and if you think something I write or paint is dumb I will probably completely change my idea. And yes, I can take criticism. Anyway, I'm thinking of building on my idea of having a meltdown with linking it to the theme of loss of identity/death of self/death of identity or something like that. That's what I'm thinking of doing anyway. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.