Pages

Monday 24 August 2020

Art Update

 This week in art I'm preparing to turn in our 1.2 work and - hopefully - to have more paintings complete. I am getting there on my paintings though. I've finished the second foot painting/ink drawing and sort of have an idea of what to paint as part of places that contribute to my theme. 

So, I'm still thinking about incorporating sewing into my paintings cause I like that idea a lot and also I was thinking of doing it before. However, I'm still not sure if I wanna do it on the skeleton paintings or not. The big thing also is that if I do it to the paintings then there's no going back so what I might do is print off another copy of it and do a whole bit to see how it would work. Other than that my skeleton drawings are coming along well and I plan on doing an arm next. 

As for my bigger paintings I still only have the room however I think I know what I'm gonna be focusing on as my subject matter(?). I'm not sure if I wanna include something with the shul but if I do then that means I have to go in and take photos which means I might have to talk to the people there. There aren't a lot of people I like at the shul except for like, 6 people and one of them is the wife of one of the guys that I strongly hate with a passion because I feel bad that she's married to him when she, herself, is really nice to me. Everyone else I'm not particularly fond of. I'm not sure how I'm going to distort the photos or make them seem off but I might mess around and try some things while at home. 

I think I've figured out a theme as well. I'm liking the idea of doing it about death and destruction of oneself if that makes sense? I don't know but I am vibing with it and did, like, a mini brainstorm about it and have some ideas. 

           

For 1.2 I don't even know if I've done it. We were given this slide to fill out to see where we're at. I haven't got many pieces of work to put on it.  



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Molly. I'm a facilitator in the Ako Hiko cluster of schools in Auckland. Your blog post stood out to me because of the bold colours and shading on your foot painting. I'm really impressed with how you've shared your thinking and ideas about your project. So often we only see the finished product on a blog post so it's great to see behind the scenes. I'm excited to see the finished pieces. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.