Pages

Monday 27 July 2020

Term 3 Week 2 - Art Board Progress Update

This term in art the aim is to complete at least one panel for my artboard as well as complete any internals such as Art History 2 and 1.2 Recording Information I have yet to finish. So far I have a rough plan of what will be going on panel 1 and have two artworks ready to go on. I am also working on a third painting and will start the fourth one hopefully later in the week. 

Art History 2
For my second set of art history slides, I need to finish and attach a thumbnail sketch (left) of Shane Cotton's Sun Shots. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure how much detail of the painting I needed to include so I've just been putting it off. However, near the end of last term, I started on a thumbnail sketch but have yet to finish it. Luckily this internal is one where I don't have much left so it isn't a top priority at the moment. 





Recording Information
This internal is the complete opposite as I have barely done anything for it. To complete this internal I need to have I believe at least 3 A3 pages of wet media and 4 A3 pages of dry? I don't quite remember however, I do know I haven't finished it. I've only done 2 pages of pencil drawings, 1 page on ink drawings, and 1 of wet media. The wet media pages are done using watercolor which I have an interesting history with that has made me resent it. For a while, I used watercolor constantly but then I had a meltdown about it and haven't touched it since. However, I've pushed through and managed to complete at least one(ish) page. 
As you can see above, I have done very little of 1.2 even though it should be done. 

Art Board
Although it doesn't look like, my artboard is coming along. I will definitely have panel 1 done before end of term and possibly be able to start panel 2. My theme for my board is a bit confusing but it's the feeling of when you're having a mental breakdown. Surprisingly, I only made the connection between the way I was describing the feeling of things melting around you and the feeling of a meltdown. Sometimes I'm such a genius I'm actually too stupid to notice. Another surprising thing is that I came up with this not too long after lockdown when I was having a breakdown while watching Day6's music video for Zombie (turn cc's on) and I was like "I can channel this energy into my artboard" and, I don't know, that's just a bit iconic of me. So my main paintings are going to be places (most likely ones that give me comfort, ie my room, the shul, etc) with green goo dripping on the walls. This is taken from this one scene in Howl's Moving Castle which is A+ film 10/10. Then I'm also going to do ink drawings of skeletal body parts and then paint skin melting off them. These will be decently small as it would be able to fill spaces and add ~flavor~ to my board. Finally, I'm gonna do photos and possibly edit them like in DEAN's Instagram (again, turn on cc) when the black stuff starts dripping down the walls and stuff. I'm thinking of photographing empty buildings (whether their abandoned or just like, places that are uncomfortably empty). 

Potential artboard layout. Empty spaces will most likely be filled with photos and or another skeleton painting.

Bedroom painting. I will probably add the green goo on the back wall behind the flag. Maybe some on the desk and bedsheets. I'm not entirely happy with the way that the shading on the bedsheets came out.


The skull with melting skin so far. I plan on painting in the eye and painting in some skin dripping off the skull.

The 3 Ws
What is working?
At the moment, everything is going well and is working. My artboard is coming along nicely and I've almost finished my art history work. I'm really proud of how the skull is coming along as I was really worried I had messed up both the nose and some of the shadings on the skull. However, the puddle is looking nice and from far away it looks pretty decent. 

What isn't working?
Nothing isn't working yet. Again everything is going fairly smoothly and nothing has piled up. I'm feeling pretty confident at the moment so hopefully, nothing will happen that will crush my already crippling self-esteem. 

What is your next step?
My next step is to draw up my third art piece for my artboard and just, sort of complete my first panel. I also need to start taking photos that would be relevant to my board. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.