Pages

Monday 30 July 2018

Do YOU want to make a good jingle???

What am I learning?
 - In music I'm learning about what makes a good jingle. We had to make a list of things that make a good jingle, below is my list



How does this show my learning?
- This shows my learning as it's proof that I've done research about jingles and have put in the effort to create an attractive graphic

We also had to watch 4 adverts that involved jingles and rate them using our list.

1. The kiwi-burger - 10/10


The kiwi burger is a classic NZ burger which is always advertised with the classic kiwi-burger jingle. It involves classic NZ things such as rugby, sheep, buzzy bee, etc. It appeals to viewers and tells you how it's made with classic NZ companies. 

2. Bluebird's chips - 10/10



The upbeat and almost wacky music suits the wackiness of the video. The repetitiveness of their slogan makes it hard to forget and the jingle itself is upbeat and shows that you'll get excited while eating these chips. I think it checks everything on my list.

3. Bunnings warehouse - 8.5/10



They keep the slogan and tune the same throughout all their commercials which means you'll remember it better. It also tells you about the prices and how there better than any other place and that there's more than that. It doesn't really tick off everything but it is a shorter jingle and is usually used as an instrumental in the background.

4. Watties Sauce - 9/10

I think being told that you're not a kiwi unless you use there sauce makes you want to buy the sauce to be considered one. The use a slogan type thing and the brand name which is good and the tune is something cheery to listen to. 


What am I wondering?
- The actual process itself, things such as deciding to do a jingle, words to include, tune, etc. I also wonder how long it takes to finalise the jingle and release it to the public.    










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.