Pages

Monday 30 April 2018

Chromotography is so fun omg - science

So science we're learning about chromotography and I'm enjoying heaps. If you don't kow, chromotography is seperating color pigments that are in a color, for example a felt. You add this chemical called acitone or you can use methylated spirits and water. We did two tests and this is what came out:

Felt pens

Permanent marker


I know right it looks really cool. 
We used the acetone for the permanent markers and we used methylated spirits/water for the felts.
I think they came out really well and I'm super proud of myself. 

The big dots at the bottom are where we put the marker and then it spread upwards. The further the color goes the more of it is in the orginal pigment. so for pink

this one

You can tell that there's probably a little bit more yellow than the red pigment and together they create the pink marker. I find it interesting so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.