Pages

Friday 5 April 2019

Art update - Orphism and lino cutting

So far in art we have been looking at orphism and more specifically, Sonja Terk Delauney. We're doing this so we put our new knowledge of color theory, leading lines, and focal points to use. We had to begin by researching Sonja Terk Delauney and orphism. This allowed us to have an understanding of the art movement and give us ideas of what we might do for our piece. We then drew some quick thumbnails, chose our two favorite, and proceeded to redraw them but this time with some effort. After deciding what two we would be turning into lino prints we had to separate the drawing into two.

My two lino prints. Everything colored won't be carved out

My two final drawings. I chose the one on the left.
As you can see I have taken elements of my chosen design and split it into two. Now I have to carve it out, print, and pray everything lines up. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.