Pages

Monday 1 March 2021

More art stuff

This week we've been learning about positive and negative space. We've been doing this by painting with white paint on a black background. We were supposed to do something relating to our kaupapa but I didn't because I've changed my theme to something else. So, I'm not doing anything with childhood anymore cause that was a dumb idea and I'm doing something else. Anyway, I first did an apple but I didn't like it so I did this hand instead. 


I'm happy with how it came out, however, I hate the bottom part. Other than that it looks pretty good. Then I went and redrew the apple and redid it.


I don't like the middle section but it looks alright. Then I made my favorite painting out of the three - The Taemin painting. I've been wanting to paint Taemin for a while and I finally got the opportunity to paint him which made me very happy. 

I have mixed feelings about how the hair came out and like the painting in general. Like, there's that big black spot that looks really weird. I'm quite surprised by how decently good it looks especially with the folds in the clothes. But, yes, I do love Taemin. He's a part of the iconic group SHINee and all 5 members have released solo music. He's a phenomenal performer and his music is great and so is his dancing. His left arm also looks a bit weird so I might add a little bit of shading on top of the pocket so it looks a little 3D. Also, the right sleeve looks weird but it's not annoying enough that I want to go through the effort of changing it. Anyway, this is my favorite painting and also my least favorite painting. The longer I look at it the more I grow to hate it. 

Anyway, here's a Taemin performance. 

My favorite song of his is either Press Your Number, Danger, or Sexuality. Drip Drop, Criminal, and Idea are also bangers and deserve honorable mentions. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.