Pages

Thursday 11 February 2021

Yay...Another art blog.


This year in art I'm doing a level 2 board and I'm somewhat excited. Now that I know what I'm doing and what the process is like, the nerves I had at the start of last year aren't there this year. At the moment I'm thinking of doing my theme about childhood and growing up though I'm not completely sure. I'll probably end up doing that but we'll have to see. Below is my mood board for this year. I'm thinking of taking inspiration from Kandinsky's use of color. I've always liked paintings that sort of lean into abstract or use colors that are different from what things would be in real life. However, I'm not very good at abstract but I do wanna play with color this year. Maybe. My overarching theme though will be spiritual/cultural development. 
Also, fun fact about Kandinsky, one of his artworks can be seen in the background of IZ*ONE's music video for their song "Fiesta". Just a little fun fact the no one cares about.



 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Molly - I always love your fun facts so keep them coming. Can you narrow down some aspects of growing up that you might like to focus on? What was it about your childhood that sparked this idea? I'm very interested in your interest in abstract art and can definitely suggest some more artists to look at for you. See you in class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly,
    I loved learning about Greek mythology.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.