Pages

Thursday 13 February 2020

I'm alive and back for another year - L1 Art

This year I'm year 11 which means a lot more blog posts and also the dreaded NCEA. For Level 1 Art we have three different assessments, two being internal and one being external (portfolio).
Step One
Theme
I've decided to do something around the environment and abandoned buildings. I don't quite have a name for it yet but I do have an idea of what I'm planning on doing. I chose this topic as my theme cause I live in Christchurch which means there's a lot to work with especially after the earthquake with areas such as red zones, abandoned buildings, and (although not related to earthquakes) large forests such as Akaroa's garden of Tane.

Media
For our artboard, we need to include two different types of mediums. I've decided to use photography and painting and will probably combine the two every now and then. By this, I mean painting on photos (similar to Michael Mew I guess)

Moodboard + Artist Study
Along with deciding on theme and media, we also have to choose 4 different artists to study. We were given two lists, one being New Zealand artists and the other being mostly international artists, and we had to select two artists off of both lists. For list one I chose Shane Cotton and Tony Fomison while for list two I selected Roy Lichtenstein and Man Ray. Alongside this, we also had to choose one other artist from a  different list about a different assessment but that can be talked about in step two.

To figure out which artists we were interested in, we went through every artist and chose one painting of theirs that we liked. All of this went onto a mood board that you can view below.


Step Two
Part of step two involves deciding what artist I'm going to look at. I've decided to look at Wassily Kandinsky.  Below are my notes on my thinking for my theme and such. I don't quite know what to actually call my theme at the moment but I do know what it is, I just don't know how to say it. ( the highlighted one is the theme I decided to go with)

For my subject matter, I want to use places such as red zones (earthquake affected areas, old buildings (maybe break into a few I don't know yet), parks, maybe quail island, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.