Pages

Friday 26 July 2019

Boomerang - Jojo Siwa's brand new hit single

In social studies we are finishing up or migration and research on indigenous Australians/Aboriginal people. We wrapped it up by creating our own boomerangs and testing them. The purpose of this activity was to put what we had learned and what we researched into a practical activity. I was also a fun way to end the topic/term.


The story behind my boomerang is pretty simple as it was inspired by the dreamtime. The dreamtime in Aboriginal culture is the belief/religion of the Aboriginal people who believe that the world was originally the beginning and that the land and people were created by spirits. The yellow circle represents a star and uses dots to break up the two skies. The red and yellow are commonly used across aboriginal art.

I believe my boomerang painting and throwing went pretty well. The first time I threw it it didn't go very far but, once I changed my throwing position it went fairly far and landed upright. I didn't have anything prepare for the other side so I just won't show the other side. I did however change my design and made it simpler and more spread out. This allowed the paint to be  done much more easily and I was able to create a better and nicer looking design.




Also what an icon Jojo is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.